Sunday, July 20, 2008

"Chinese Buffalo" Tractor - Laos

Just for edification and reference -- I came across this photograph (on the Internet) of a "Chinese Buffalo" tractor from Laos.


http://blog.bittercoder.com/content/binary/laos_tractor.jpg

Marvelously utilitarian, presenting many interesting possibilities of rigging and operation, and fun to watch moving about in village or city traffic! However, my first-hand experience with the mechanical sort of Buffalo is limited to Burma. I never laid eyes on such beasts whilst traveling through the countryside from Thailand, through north-central Laos, Vietnam, and into Cambodia -- areas where I now suppose sitings of "Chinese Buffaloes" would be commonplace. I will continue to keep my eyes wide open for more intel on these most interesting machines and their permutations.

Ciao,

No comments: